(For general questions on the site, please check the FAQ.)
First and foremost, this is not a review site. Please do not send requests for book reviews. They will be ignored.
Right now, LGBTQ Reads is open to the following contributions:
- Exclusive cover and/or excerpt reveals for books with at least one POV character who IDs under the LGBTQIAP+ umbrella (Please include designer credit for cover reveals)
- Guest posts (see below)
- “Around the Blogosqueer” features on an all-queer site, review blog, or book club
- “The Colorful Catalog” posts if you have at least five LGBTQIAP+ works published that do not all star cis m/m pairings
Please send any pitches to me (Dahlia) at LGBTQReads@gmail.com, and include the following:
- Title, author, and pub date
- Book blurb
- Category and genre
- Representation and/or pairing (you do not need to tell me whether the book is #ownvoices)
If your post is approved, please send it at least a week in advance of the agreed-upon post date with:
- Anything missing from the above
- Goodreads and buy links
- Author bio
- Author photo (optional) – please feel free to include a credit for the photographer/illustrator
Regarding guest posts, please pitch your own topics; I will not respond to emails that simply mention your book and ask what you should write about. If you’d like some ideas for guest posts, check out the ones we’ve already had on the site.
For anthologies, I am always open to posts featuring snippets from each contributor on their story, as seen here. (Anthologies must have at least three stories/essays with main characters who ID under the LGBTQIAP+ umbrella, and posts are to contain commentary from those authors only.)
Just want us to share a teaser? Send your Instagram-ready teaser to LGBTQReads@gmail.com with a little info about your book (including the category, genre, representation, and pairing where applicable) and I’ll post it on the next available Tuesday.
Please do not e-mail regarding having your book featured in a spotlight or being interviewed by me; for the foreseeable future I will be selecting these titles and authors.