(For general questions on the site, please check the FAQ.)
First and foremost, this is not a review site. Please do not request book reviews because that is not going to change. Review requests will be ignored.
LGBTQ Reads is open to the following contributions, bearing in mind that for fiction we cover only books with *POV* characters under the LGBTQIAP+ umbrella:
- Exclusive cover and/or excerpt reveals*
- “Around the Blogosqueer” features on an all-queer site, review blog, or book club
- “The Colorful Catalog” posts if you have at least five LGBTQIAP+ works published that are not all the same gender and orientation (e.g. all gay cis men)
- Guest posts of your choosing (personal essays, recommendations, etc.)
- Authors in Conversation posts (please pitch both authors)
*A maximum of three reveals per author will be done gratis. If you exceed three reveals, a fee of $20 per reveal will be required.
Regarding guest posts, please pitch your own topics; I will not respond to emails that simply mention your book and ask what you should write about. If you’d like some ideas for guest posts, check out the ones we’ve already had on the site.
For anthologies, there is now the Inside an Anthology feature. Please pitch for this feature only if the collection has at least three stories/essays with main characters/authors who ID under the LGBTQIAP+ umbrella. Posts are to contain commentary from those authors only.
Please send any pitches to me (Dahlia) at LGBTQReads@gmail.com, and include the following:
- Title, author, and pub date
- Book blurb
- Category and genre
- Representation and/or pairing (you do not need to tell me whether the book is #ownvoices)
If your post is approved, please send it at least a week in advance of the agreed-upon post date with:
- Hi-Res Cover
- Cover artist/designer info (Note: reveals will not be published without them)
- Goodreads and
- any buy links you’d like used beyond Bookshop, Amazon, and IndieBound (please note that LGBTQReads affiliate links will be used for those sites)
- Author bio
- Author photo (optional) – please feel free to include a credit for the photographer/illustrator
- Alt text for the cover (optional, but strongly encouraged)
If you’re submitting a guest post or excerpt, please put the text in a Word or Google doc, not in the body of the email.
If you do not send your materials and information at least a week in advance, your date cannot be guaranteed.
Please do not e-mail regarding having your book featured in a spotlight or being interviewed by me; for the foreseeable future I will be selecting these titles and authors.